Thread: Camping

Camping

My family loves to go camping. We also love to be outdoors. Do you go camping? We are already planning our camping trips and I can't wait! Being outdoors for the weekend or a long weekend is one of my favorite things to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Phena30 View Post
    My family loves to go camping. We also love to be outdoors. Do you go camping? We are already planning our camping trips and I can't wait! Being outdoors for the weekend or a long weekend is one of my favorite things to do!
    What kind of "camping"? In my younger days, camping always meant fishing, except during my boy scout days. So we just built a wood fire for cooking and slept on a tarp or old piece of carpet on the ground. But when we had 2 little girls, one of which was prone to sleep walking, I was afraid to use a tent, so I bought a slide-in, self-contained pickup camper, which led to travel trailers and motorhomes, so I don't know whether you'd call that "camping" or not. But we certainly did enjoy it over the years.

Camping to me is taking out the camper (pop-up) and going to a campground. We go with a lot of other families and it's a ton of fun! We love to fish when we are there and we hike and bike too. It's just being outdoors that is the best!

The pop-up campers and Class B motorhomes are about the only kind of camping we have not done. But when we had other RVs, we had friends who had the pop-ups. And of course, with the RVs over the years, then full time for about 6 years, yep, we loved being out in the country.

I like to go out with just the tent and camp with my family. We love to sit around the campfire and toast marshmallows and tell ghost stories. Of course the kids wind up sleeping between us but that's the fun of camping.

I love sitting around the campfire too. I have to say it's my favorite way to relax at night. We even have campfires at home (we live in the country). I love to camp! We have already planned 4 camping trips now for the summer. Bring it on!

I go pretty much bare bones when I go camping with my family. The tent, sleeping bag, some fishing poles and plenty of good grub. Oh, and my shortwave radio too and sometimes my guitar.

Well that sounds pretty relaxing too. I bet the family really enjoys it. I would love to be able to play some kind of instrument, think of the fun we would have at the campfire. I can't wait to head out for our first adventure this year.

I used to go camping quite frequently with my friends until I met my husband. He is the kind of camper that has to have all the amenities so we don't go. I miss it a lot, maybe when the kids are a bit older I will take them by myself.