Thread: Skunks In The Attic!

Skunks In The Attic!

When I first moved to the country I lived in a very old victorian home circa 1892. The attic had it's very own separate entrance and stairwell leading up to it. My first summer there, we had some work being done on the HVAC and apparently someone left the door open. I lived for 2 weeks with a skunk in the attic before we finally trapped him. Let me tell you, the smell will knock your socks off. To make matters worse, I was in the first trimester of my pregnancy.

That's a new one to me, mountainmama. I've dealt with critters in the attic before, but never anything as nasty as a skunk. Did it damage anything that you had stored up there? I couldn't imagine living with that odor while pregnant - I think I would have had to move!

Luckily, I didn't have anything stored up there. It was really dirty and I didn't like going up there at all. At the beginning, I thought it was the neighbor's cat because I could here it moving around...then one day it hit us with that smell. It was truly awful!

Ewwwwww! That's horrible. It's awful to do battle with skunks. They have the upper hand as far as I'm concerned and I stay as far away as possible. I can't even imagine having one in my attic.