Thread: What to use for skirting?

What to use for skirting?

I need to put skirting around my house but I don't want to use that fiberglass siding stuff. Do you think it would work if I used lattice. Besides aesthetics, what is the purpose of skirting?

Lattice works great. I like to use the square-weave type as it's a bit tighter and keeps the critters out - like skunks, raccoons, etc. If you like the look of the diagonal weave better, again there's a cheaper one with a loose weave and a more expensive one with a tighter weave and smaller holes = less critters, kid's balls, etc.
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

I've been thinking about bricking around the outside of my house because I am so sick of dealing with skirting. I know it's a lot more expensive, but it will be permanent and look much nicer.

When we lived in mobile homes (manufactured housing), we used vinyl skirting, but in my opinion, brick is by far the best as long as you have a decent foundation under it.

Thanks. I like the lattice idea because I'd like to plant some type of ivy. Brick probably would be best, but I'm working on upgrading the fixer upper I live in.