Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veggies on the grill

Veggies on the grill

I love fresh veggies on the grill. What do you marinate your veggies in? I want to try something new. Right now we use Italian dressing. I'm looking for some new ideas. I grill mushrooms, peppers, squash, onions, etc.

Italian dressing is good. A little olive oil is good, too.

I love to grill my veggies. Zucchini, tomatoes, summer squash and anything else. I try different marinades. Try a middle eastern sweet chili sauce. It's a little spicey, without heat, and your veggies will have a sweet/sour taste.

My favorite is marinading onions in worcestershire sauce and butter and then grilling them in thick slices on the grill. It goes great with chicken or steaks! I like to grill them that way and put them on a sandwich with grilled chicken too!

I'm a big veggie person so I like to use just olive oil, salt and pepper. I find some vegetable flavors get lost with marinades.

KyGirl - Worcestershire is awesome on onions! My husband does that all that time and I love it because I think onions have a strong enough flavor to stand up to something as powerful as Worcestershire.

I've never tried Worcestershire sauce. I also slice them the same way and toss them on the grill. What are those big mushrooms called? I love them the same way. In big slices on the grill.
    I'm going to try some Lawry's marinade, I picked some up today at the store.

Aren't the mushrooms your talking about called portabella or something like that? I'm thinking that's the right name for the really big mushrooms. I love them on the grill too! I usually grill those and some onions to go with a good steak. Or even on a hamburger with some swiss cheese or something. This is making me hungry!

Veggies are great, I would much rather grill them than cook. A friend uses some boil technique but they taste like mush to me. We just got a new Weber and veggies among all other things, just absolutely amazing on this grill.

I love veggies that have been cooked on the grill. I marinate mine in olive oil and garlic then put them on skewers and cook them on the grill. Yum! I am getting hungry now lol!

My okra and eggplant are ready for me to start picking. Do you think eggplant will go mushy if they're grilled. And will okra not make that slimy stuff when it's grilled. I love both those veggies, but my family has veggie texture issues.