Thread: Keeping the fleas away

Keeping the fleas away

I just read an article on how to keep the fleas from hitching a ride on your pet. Apparently they don't like yeast. You can purchase yeast powder or tablets and mix it with your pets food. The goal is to get them started on it in February or so and continue through flea season. This is the first I ever heard of such a thing. Thought it might be useful.

I have heard that too. Brewer's Yeast if I am not mistaken. You can also give dogs garlic in their food, the fleas don't like that either. You just need to make sure you don't give it to cats, dogs only.

Thanks for the advice guys. We are currently battling fleas and even though I used frontline on the dog it didn't help at all! I am headed to buy brewer's yeast and garlic to see if that helps at all. I have also heard that lavendar oil works well.

I had never heard of that before but it sounds like a really simple way to keep fleas away. My dogs always tend to tear flea collars off or get them hung in the fence. I'll have to give that a try. I wish I had seen this back in February though. Thanks for the tip!