Thread: Slow Cooker Cake

Slow Cooker Cake

I've heard of someone making a cake in a slow cooker before. Does anyone have a recipe for this? I'd like to experiment with this and see if I could make some different types of cake.

Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

I have tried this one before and it is yummy:

Spoon this cake out upside down onto individual cake plates and top with whipped cream or ice cream.

Cook Time: 2 hours

Ingredients:

• 1 cup baking mix
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
    • 1/2 cup whole milk
    • 1 tsp. vanilla
    • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
    • 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
    • 1-1/2 cups hot water
    Preparation:

In medium bowl combine baking mix, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. cocoa, milk, and vanilla and stir to mix well. Spray 3 quart crockpot with flour based nonstick baking spray and pour batter evenly into crockpot. In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa, chocolate syrup, and hot water and mix well. Pour over batter in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2-1/2 hours until batter doesn't look shiny. Serve immediately by spooning the cake out of the crockpot and turning it upside down on the individual plates. Serves 6

I use my crock pot all the time and it never really dawned on me I could make a cake in it! My girls and I will be making this one for sure!

We have two crock pots (two sizes) and use them a great deal, but have never tried desserts in them.

That's started me thinking, what about baking quiche or a cheesecake. The possibilities are endless. How about a giant raisin cinnamon roll? Hey, this could start a whole new revolution.

Is the baking mix "BISQUICK" or is something else better!

That is really interesting, I've never heard of or thought of being able to make any sort of cake with a slow cooker. It sounds delicious! I'm going to have to give this one a try sometime very soon.

Well, I'm chief cook and bottle washer at my house so I'm going to have to give this one a try. Is it sort of like those chocolate lava cakes they have in restaurants all of the time? I love those things and so does my wife. We'll give it a try anyway because I've never met a dessert I didn't like.

Thanks for the recipe Maggie May, it was quite good and very moist. My girls and I had a blast making this. If anyone has anymore tasty dessert recipes for the crock pot , please share.