Thread: 4th of July Menu?

4th of July Menu?

So the 4th of July is coming up and we always have a pretty big get together. I'm trying to find some easy recipes I can throw together that are cheap and everyone can enjoy. We'll have lots of kids around too. I'm sure I'll probably grill some, but I'm not sure what else I should do. Anyone have any 4th of July favorites?

We are going to be visiting some family for the holidays and everyone brings a little of this and that, potluck all the way around the table. The best part is that the uncles farm allows for everyone to actually meet up. No worries about parking or enough room, there's plenty!

One of my favorite things to make for big groups is a taco dip. I usually layer re-fried beans, cream cheese, cooked taco meat, Ortega taco sauce, and plenty of shredded cheese on top and just bake it in a glass baking dish. Sometimes I'll sit sour cream out for those who like it, they can put it on top of the dip. It's great with regular tortilla chips.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I like the idea of a pot luck for sure, that means less for me to cook and clean up! I think I may do that. I'll definitely have to make that taco dip too though, it sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it! Thanks again!

The taco dip sounds really good! I am a big fan of the potluck idea too because that way everyone has something there to eat that they like and it's a lot less work and stress on the host!

For sure, you have to have people bring a dish to pass. I love that because there is always some great variety there. I love to make all the dips for parties. Taco dips, chicken wing dips, spinach dips, etc. Have a great time at the get-together!

I agree with you all about the pot luck. It will be nice to see what everyone brings for the weekend. I love to try everyone's favorite dishes anyway, it's always really interesting and a great way to trade recipes! Thanks for the advice, I'm not as stressed about what to cook now.

Next time a pot luck opportunity presents itself spread the word in advance that the provider of each dish needs to also provide a written recipe for the dish. This is good in a couple ways: 1. If you like it you can copy the recipe (imagine if it were your dish and 10 people asked you separately for the recipe) and 2. in case of food allergies, with the ingredients posted that is handled too.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"