Thread: Strange pets?

Strange pets?

I was looking at some stuff online and I came across this picture slideshow and thought it was really interesting. Here is the link, 10 Most Unusual House Pets | Strange | Photos | PEOPLE Pets. It's the top ten most unusual house pets. I thought the coyote and fox were just too cute. I think the skunks or anteater may have been the oddest to me though. What do you all think?

Wow, I never would have imagined anyone having an anteater as a pet. The crocodile on that list would make me extremely nervous, I just can't see that being very safe. I'm hoping that the woman with all the skunks has done something with the part that makes them spray! I can only imagine the smell of that many skunks.

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont
    Strange????? They don't seem that strange to me. My wife and I have pet llamas, sheep and chickens, and though they don't live full time in the house, we often have injured or sick ones in the house. Plus we always have dozens of bottle baby goat kids in the house, until they're big enough to live in the barn.

I've had friends who had pet skunks. They were rescues and couldn't be released in the wild, they were descented, and made great pets. Very smart and affectionate.

I also had a friend who had a pet wolf. He found him as a baby, the mother had been killed, and all of the babies were dead but one. He took him home and bottle fed him. He was just like a dog. People often said that his dog looked like a wolf. He never admitted to strangers that he was really a wolf, but he was well mannered, obediant and extremely affectionate.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

All over the USA and plan overseas when I retire
    I do not think I could handle a skunk as a pet, my husband can make enough random smells to keep me at bay I do not need a pet doing it too. One of the first pets my hubby had was a chicken though which would be kind of cute to have out here in the country.

I used to have a pet iguana that most people never liked and when I lived out west for a bit there was a tiny iguana type that lived in my back yard (no idea what it really was, tiny and orange), but otherwise I am mostly normal when it comes to pets now.

The coat on that anteater is really pretty! I need to keep this thread away from my kids - they are constantly asking for any type of 'exotic' pet that they can think of: leopards, alligators, koala's. Well, actually I wouldn't mind the koala; I think they are so cute! But I hear they are very mean.

I know a couple people who have pet skunks and one of them told me it cost around three hundred dollars to have the stink gland removed. I know that is one thing I wouldn't keep.

They can keep the skunks. A few of the pets on the clip were really cute. I was really shocked by the crocodile though. I know keeping alligators is illegal here.