Thread: Slow Cooker Chicken Ideas?

Slow Cooker Chicken Ideas?

I have some chicken breast tenders I want to cook for supper and I'm trying to find a recipe for chicken in a slow cooker. I was thinking of doing some sort of BBQ Chicken but I'm not sure how to do it with a slow cooker. Does anyone have any good recipes for chicken in a slow cooker?

Crockpot Barbecue Chicken Recipe - Slow Cooked Barbecued Chicken sounds good!

Ah heck, if you like crock pot cooking, here's a site that runneth over with ideas! It has a BBQ section about 2/3 of the way down the page.
    http://www.50plusfriends.com/cookboo.../index-5b.html
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

I love that website! It has so many great ideas. Thanks for sharing it NSbound. I'm definitely going to have to try some.

It looks like NSbound has a great BBQ Chicken recipe covered, so I'll share my favorite slow cooker chicken recipe. I know it's summertime, but I still love chili anytime!
    Kickin' Chicken Chili Recipe

All over the USA and plan overseas when I retire
    I have never seen the site myself but that is a good find. I can crock pot just about anything, but BBQ? That is a new one that I have yet to try.

I do my BBQ chicken in the crock pot like Meghan. Another thing I do with chicken in the crock pot is put the chicken in there along with a medium onion, choppped, 2 Roma tomatoes, diced, a teaspoon of minced garlic, a teaspoon of thyme, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, and 1/4 cup of water. I cook all of that down and serve it with brown rice.

I have one but it's not barbecue. I take boneless, skinless chicken breast and after spraying the crock pot with cooking oil put them in the bottom. Then you peel and slice potatoes into small wedges. Slice onions thin and place over that. You may add carrots or other vegetables that you prefer. Open and mix a can of cream of chicken soup undiluted and a can of cream of mushroom soup also undiluted. After you have thoroughly mixed the two soups, pour over contents of the crock pot. Set and forget. Test the chicken to see if it's done after 4 hours. If the chicken is done and the vegetables are cooked, sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese and cook until the cheese is melted on top., Serve with a salad and some crusty French bread and you have a great meal.

Gosh you guys are making me hungry! I usually just stick the thawed chicken in the slow cooker with a bit of water and let it cook until it's done. Then I take it out, drain it and shred it and put it back in the slow cooker with enough barbecue sauce to cover it and let it warm up while I'm making cole slaw and what ever else I decided to make with the chicken barbecue. By that time it's usually heated up enough to eat with whatever else I am making. Yummmm.