Thread: Possum thinks its a cat!

Possum thinks its a cat!

Our mama cat had a littler of kittens. Around the same time a mama possum got killed. Somehow mama cat ended up with mama possums baby (just one). Mama cat nursed the kitten and now this darn possum thinks its a cat. It is the darndest thing.

That is quite interesting. It reminds me of how women can nurse anothers child even if sometimes they have no biological connection at all. Nature is funny (but good) that way.

When I was about 12 years old, I knew of some people who had a pet de-odorized skunk and I wanted one. Someone gave me a newborn skunk; still hadn't opened its eyes. And we had a cat with a litter of newborn kittens in the barn. So I took my baby skunk out there to see if the mother cat would let it nurse, and she did. She even worked at grooming it just like her own litter and I stayed with her a good part of the day to see if it was going to be OK. I left the baby skunk with her overnight and was happy the next day to see everything going so well. So, of course I left the baby skunk with the cats the second night and the next morning all I found of him was a little fur and toenails. It appeared that she fattened him up for 2 days, then ate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    It appeared that she fattened him up for 2 days, then ate him.
    Oh, Bird, you made me LOL!
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

Mmmmm, them's good eatin'! Especially when they're young and tender. Sorta polecat veal .