Thread: Selling Crafts on Ebay

Selling Crafts on Ebay

Does anyone sell their crafts on ebay? It seems to me like that would be a good outlet, but with the economy the way it is and postage so high, are people really buying things like crafts on ebay?

I think depending on where you reside the taxes can be a little tricky, same goes when you are selling to someone overseas with the VAT taxes.

I think you would be better off if you tried Etsy which was developed to sell craft items from the get go. Since they are specific to crafts and such, people come there to look for handcrafted items. Also, don't forget to claim the income on your income tax and make provisions to pay taxes on that income.

I agree with Davis. To me, Ebay is a place where people are looking for name brand or hard to find items at a (hopefully) good price. You would be better going through a service that caters to people who are specifically in the market for just such crafty items.

I tried selling some of my photos and photo cards on there and really didn't get a response. I think you really have to have something unique to make any decent money on Ebay.

I'd heard of Etsy, but didn't know that it's for crafts. I visited the site and it looks like it's perfect for what I'm going to be selling. What about traffic, though. On ebay, you know the traffic is there. Does Etsy get enough to make it worthwhile for sellers?

I was so happy to find a site like Etsy that I forgot to say that I make woodcrafts and have been looking for a site other than ebay to sell them on. You should check it out, SallyA. What types of crafts will you be selling? I'd still like to learn a bit more about the traffic and how things are selling. I'll visit the site again.

I'll check out Etsy, too. It sounds like a great alternative to ebay. Does anyone know anyone who is a seller on etsy?

I love going to Etsy, they have so much different and unique items there. You can find some things on Ebay but not as much as on Etsy. The competition there is crazy though, you really have to have something unique.

I have been trying to get my mom to sell some of her crafts on eBay. She is very good at making crafts with a real talent so I hope she will.