Thread: Woodworking

Woodworking

Does anyone else love to do woodworking? I have done it for a few years and I have found it to be a most relaxing hobby. Plus I have made my wife very happy by building a few useful pieces of furniture. I built a pie safe for the kitchen and she stained it and then painted apples on it. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself!

I don't do wood working my best friend does. What is incredible is how much money he can save by doing projects himself. We trade, he does my wood working and I do odd jobs for him. Don't you love the barter system?

I do woodworking, great hobby. I start with felling my trees, skidding to my mill, milling the lumber, drying, preparing the lumber, and making all kinds of furniture for us, my kids and friends. My wife does the finishing, staining and painting. I am retired in NoID. It keeps me busy in the winter.

I love a good wood worker and I fully appreciate the true talent that they have. To me there is an art to it and while I do not do it there is nothing better than a nice hand made wood... anything!