Thread: When Do You Start Crafting For The Holidays?

When Do You Start Crafting For The Holidays?

Do you get an early start on the holidays with your crafting or do you wait until the last minute to do them? What are some unique ideas for Christmas gifts for both genders? I usually make food but I am getting tired of doing the same thing each year.

I bake a lot during the holidays and I wait until after Thanksgiving to start that. A few years ago I made some flavored oils in decorative jars and I got that done in October to give the flavors a while to marry.

I make some food items in December and a few craft projects that I try to get started earlier; I try to be organized so I'm not rushed toward the end but I always seem to find some recipe or great craft idea that I just have to add.

I try to craft throughout the year so that I am not shoving it all in at the end of the year. I find that I enjoy it more if I take my time and it looks better too. We just started our craft nights again. There are 5 of us and we meet at 1 persons house each week for 2-3 hours and we work on crafts.

Usually way earlier than I have this year. Looks like a lot of people won't be getting any crafts this year from us. It just sort of got away from us. I wold love to hear about what people are making.

I started in the last couple of weeks with my crochet projects. I have waited to the last minute, though, and this being the earliest I've started, I'd have to say I don't feel as stressed. Plus, as my husband watches football, I can crochet and still be with him.

I'm working on a couple of super cute hats for 2 younger girls and a scarf for a teacher. Thinking about making some table runners for our parents this year. I would also like to hear what others are doing.

I try to craft all year long too but this year I didn't start yet. I will be cramming it all in. I am thinking I will make those jar kits, you know soups in a jar or cookies in a jar. I love the looks of those and I love to make them and eat them too.