Thread: Jewelry Makers?

Jewelry Makers?

Anyone here make jewelry? For a while I was making hemp necklaces/bracelets. The designs can be as simple or as intricate as you want and the addition of stones or beads adds even more variety.

My daughter likes to make beaded jewelry, she tried the hemp bracelets and anklets a few years back but it didn't stick with her. I don't have the patience for jewelry making. My hands are too big!

I used to make bracelets and necklaces with beads in the hopes of selling them at craft shows and stuff but so many people were doing it I didn't really make anything at it and the beads were kind of expensive.

I have some friends that are into making jewelry, but I don't think I have the patience for it. I might be able to do something with hemp or string, but not beads and all that intricate stuff.

simplegal, I found this to be true as well. Even online there are so many jewelry crafters that unless you stand out or market yourself extensively the profit appears to be pretty small. It would definitely be crafting just for the love of doing it.

I just started making bead earrings and experimenting with hoops and chains but I started because I couldn't find what I needed so that's what I do it for, plus I can just lay it aside for a while when I get tired of doing it.