Thread: My Cat Got A Squirrel

My Cat Got A Squirrel

I found a dead squirrel right in front of my porch this morning and it had to be one of the two cats I have. They won't stay inside even though they have been fixed. If they had their shots do you think I should worry about them getting a disease?

I think that is a worry. I am amazed that a cat could catch a squirrel though because squirrels have sharp teeth and claws. Just make sure your cats get all of their shots and they should be alright.

Wow, that is pretty impressive. I had a cat once that got a rabbit. I was surprised at that too. Was it a baby squirrel? I think the cats are fine as long as they are up to date on their shots. You can call the vet if you are worried.

When I was a kid, growing up out in the country, where we always had a couple of outdoor cats (my dad would never allow a dog or cat in the house under any circumstances), it was fairly common for the cats to catch a cottontail rabbit; can't remember any of the ever catching a squirrel, though.

Well, cats are just smaller, tamer versions of their bigger cat cousins, right? Depending on the size and temperament of your cats, I imagine they could do pretty good at holding their own against a squirrel.

a squirrel is a faster version of the common rat.....cat was doing the instincktive thing......did you cook the squirrel, good meat if fresh.