Thread: Beaches

Beaches

Yes, beaches are a hobby for me. We love to go to the beach and collect shells, look for sanddollars, etc. We just planned our vacation for 1 week at the beach. Flights are booked and the hotel is reserved. I can't wait!

The beach IS great! Some people also take metal detectors to search for things in the sand. Have you considered doing that? I myself have never done it but there are whole clubs built around that hobby. You can do a search for 'metal detecting clubs" and you'll see what I mean.

I love going to the beach too. My family does too. We try to get to 1 every year also. Have a super time and try to relax too. I love to collect sea shells. We always go out in the early morning looking for them.

I have never tried to metal detect for goodies. We usually just look for shells and such. I wonder if I could get my kids into metal detecting, I bet they would find it fun. How much are those detectors anyway? 5 more days until we hit the beach! Yes we are counting down!

I bet your kids would like it - they would feel like real pirates looking for buried treasure. They might actually find some! Not sure how much they cost; maybe a couple of hundred? I bet Walmart carries them. Hope you guys have a great time!

I have done it before and to be honest it is a very addicting hobby. I have found some really interesting stuff doing it though.

I would love to get one of those one day! I imagine the girls and I could have some great fun with it. Has anyone found anything really valuable with one yet? Even if you haven't it sure sounds like fun!

I'm heading out today! I'm a little bit afraid! I hate to fly but I'm sure it will be fine. I just can't wait to get to the beach tonight. For 6 long days of soaking up the sun. Positive thoughts for NO RAIN for me. Have a great week all.