Thread: Homeschooling for high School

Homeschooling for high School

We are strongly considering home schooling our daughter for high school in about 4 years. Do you think her social skills will suffer if we do?

They shouldn't. There are so many extracurricular activities that kids can be involved in these days, there should be no need for her to lack in social opportunities. Even some of the very friends that she has now can continue to be involved in her life (if you so choose) once you begin homeschooling.

Your children should be okay. I have several friends and family who have homeschooled through high school and have done just fine. Depending upon your area, there should be multiple opportunities available. We homeschool and we are busy almost every day of the week and have to be selective in order to get school.

I think your daughter will be just fine. The friends she's making now, she can still socialize with after her schooling at home is done for the day.

I have homeschooled my children through high school and they were not hurt socially at all. We didn't have them in every activity there was to participate in either. They were very active in their church youth group and they all took music lessons. Today, five of them are very successful adults and they are very active in their churches and communities.

I agree homeschooling should not hurt them socially. I just don't have the patience to do this with mine so I have to salute you. I have enough trouble with my teens doing their chores to get their allowance or be allowed to go out. How do you do it?