Thread: Favorite salads

Favorite salads

What are your favorite salads to eat? to make?
    I made a macaroni and a pasta salad today! I love them both. I prefer eating Potato salad but it's a pain to eat.

What about you?

My favorite is a pasta salad. I love fresh veggies and pepperoni in it. I'm pretty picky though so I don't like a lot of people's. Some people use some weird tasting dressing. What do you use on yours?

I love macaroni salad but I am the only one in the house that eats it so I don't make it that often. I do make a salad with different greens, hard boiled egg, cheese, tomatoes, and chicken strips on it in the summer that everyone likes though.

Well I do not really consider macaroni and potato salad to be salads. Those are starches and carbohydrates and more of casserole type side dishes.

i like a mixture of green and red baby spinach, hearts of romaine, with a little endive, sliced cherry tomatoes topped with dried cranberries and chopped nuts with vinegar and oil on top. Thats a salad.

I don't know that I have a "favorite" salad because I like lots of different ones. My wife, and one of our daughters, make a taco salad that makes a great meal. For the taco salad, catalina dressing is used. For most other salads, I prefer ranch dressing, although Italian dressing is good for a change now and then. For a meal, I also like to make a chef's salad of sorts; lettuce, tomato, grated cheese, hard boiled egg, olives, and chicken strips. And occasionally, I substitute shrimp for the chicken. But as a side dish, pasta salads, English pea salad, or just an assortment of vegetables is good.

I really love spinach (not the kind from the can). I love to put bacon bits and a raspberry vinaigrette on to it with some sunflower seeds. I love that salad.

I don't agree with macaroni and potato not being salads, they are called salads - they are cold. My favorite salad is a cold broccoli salad, it's got a smooth ranch like dressing on it. My 2nd favorite is German Potato salad.

Oh I love German potato salad too. I don't know how to make it though, but I've never tried to look for a recipe either. Perhaps someone has one they would like to share. I don't think of them as casserole's either. Casserole's are warm to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phena30 View Post
    Oh I love German potato salad too. I don't know how to make it though, but I've never tried to look for a recipe either. Perhaps someone has one they would like to share. I don't think of them as casserole's either. Casserole's are warm to me.
    Is this a joke? Or are you serious? Maybe there are German potato salads that I'm not familiar with, but the only German potato salads I've eaten were served warm.