Thread: Graduated Homeschoolers

Graduated Homeschoolers

Any of you guys have homeschooled children that are now in college? If so, how are they adjusting? Do they still live at home or are they on campus? What are there grades like?

I've often wondered, do homeschooled kids graduate from the living room to, what, the kitchen?

Our oldest daughter went on to college and graduated first in her class, another son went to a technical school and also graduated first in his class. Most kids who are homeschooled do great in college because they learn how to study on their own and that is basically what college is all about. Neither of our children had any problem adjusting to college after being homeschooled.

I have one at college and I think homeschooling better prepared her at least in terms of having a set class and study schedule to keep her on track and knowing how to get assistance when needed, but this is her 2nd year and she knows more people now so 'm I interested to see if she gets more distracted with other things this year.

My cousins were all homeschooled all the way through until college and they have gone on to graduate at the top of their classes and are now working on graduate degrees so I would say yeah homeschooled kids adjust pretty well.

I have a friend that homeschooled her kids and they both are in college right now. They are doing awesome. They were able to play sports with the local school teams so they had interaction that way. They are doing great in college, top of their class.

I know a couple of homeschooled kids who started college last year. They struggled a bit while adjusting to living away from home in the dorms. Their grades were a little low at first, but they brought them up to all A's and B's. They looked forward to going back to their friends and activities this year .

Yeah, the living away from home thing is the hardest thing to do. Other than that the homeschoolers actually get a better quality education than those in public school. The teacher only has to teach a few instead of many.