Thread: Four Wheel Drive

Four Wheel Drive

We are looking into getting another truck and my husband is looking at four wheel drives. He goes into the woods to go fishing about once a month but other than that we don't need one. What are some of the pros and cons of owning a four wheel drive vehicle?

Not enough information. Are you talking Jeeps or yuppie things like the small SUV's? I do not own anything but 4x4's . You can't get to and from my house in the rainy season without one.

I have a Jeep Wrangler, A Ford F250 and a Chevy Avalanche all 4x4. 4x4 cost more, are generally heavier and probably use more fuel.

But when you need one you need it. The thought of trying to haul my wifes 12,000 lb horse trailer up and down dirt roads and around the dirt/muddy parking lots of some fairground without one is not something I want to do.

Do an internet search for 'do I need a 4 wheel drive" you will have a half a day of reading.

My F250 at work.

Attachment 2451

He is looking into a truck more than likely a Ford four door. It doesn't get that muddy around here he just wants a big truck I think and to me if it is going to cost more we really don't need it right now lol!

Need and want are two different things. Somtimes want is more important. Did you do the search and read the articles? IF not you really don"t have an argument.

A Ford F150 crew cab is not a big truck.

I wouldn't buy a truck that wasn't a 4 wheel drive. I think it's silly to own something like that without the power. You can use it to haul larger loads as the 4-wheel drive handles more weight. They are also easier to drive in the snow.

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont
    Queenie, it would also help us to help you if we knew where you lived and what kind of conditions you deal with, such as snow and mud, etc. If you file out your profile, we would always know your location, and it would be easier to help you.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."