Thread: What kind of truck

What kind of truck

I'm a property manager in a small town now, and I'm going to be in need of a pick-up. I'll be using it mainly here in town and I'm on a budget. What kind you you recommend?

Not enough info. New used. Every day, some days once a week. Carry what. My vote a Ford F150 best light PU bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbrown View Post
    Not enough info. New used. Every day, some days once a week. Carry what. My vote a Ford F150 best light PU bar none.
    In general, and without more information, I'd agree, but if it's only going to be used in town, not going to pull a big trailer or haul heavy loads, or more than 2 people (lots of "ifs"), the little Ford Ranger is a lot cheaper, uses less gas, fits in tighter parking spaces, etc.

I'd recommend a Ford Ranger, too. I've owned one and they're very dependable, the size is perfect for operating in town, and I think they haul enough for someone who might be doing small home repairs.

If you're going to have to haul ladders and other equipment, you would need a full-size pick-up. I've had Fords and Chevys and been pleased with both.

You can get used pick-ups that still have a lot of life in them for a few thousand dollars.