Thread: More and more unemployed

More and more unemployed

Every week now there seems to be an ever increasing number of unemployed. Are you one of them? So far we are not but we know some who are. I wish that you could see light at the end of the tunnel but it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon!

I am not one of them but I know many who are and I feel so thankful that I still have work. Many of the people I know who are unemployed are super hard workers and it is not their fault they have no job. If I had the money I would buy one of these empty factories and turn it in to something where I could give people jobs.

If people would start buying more stuff made in USA there would be more jobs in USA. The problem is trying to find anything made in USA.More and more you see American brand names on stuff made someware else. Are these names being purchased by others or is it just American companies that find it more profitable to set up shop outside the USA?

Yeah that is it. But the last time I suggested to someone they try to buy more products made in the USA they were offended by it... as if I am being prejudiced because I think it is important. That is not it at all though. I don't have anything against anyone else but I can not stand to see my neighbors going with out and I just want to do as much as I can to keep our community alive. To do that people need jobs and to have jobs we need to make more things in the USA.

I certainly agree with the "idea" of buying American, but what are you going to do when you need something that isn't made in the USA anymore, or if there is one made in the USA, it's of poor quality, or it's so high priced that you just can't afford it? I don't have a good answer, and it seems that no one else does either.

I think that is the problem Bird. The crap that is made outside of the US and imported in is cheap and we buy cheap. How many times or items do we have to take in before we say enough is enough. Stop sending us the lead paint, the faulty toys and cribs, etc.
    I'm not unemployed and I am thankful.

Personally, I think working from home and learning to be more self sufficient is the way out of this mess. Big business and the government don't care about us, so we have to care about ourselves.