Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CountryByNet.com "My Furry Friend" Photo Contest

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Just thought that I would add another photo of Spike, my all-time favorite pet.

(Brag) This is a photo of Spike with his winnings as a one year old. It is just a small portion of his lifetime wins. (/Brag)

Just Jack

Hello all,
    This is only my second post on this site, although I have a few posts over on TBN. I lurk far more than post, but do enjoy the sites all the same.
    I am attaching a few photos of Jack. He was rescued from a shelter as a pup in December of 2007. After losing my dear friend Angel (Aussie/English Shepherd) long ago after 15 wonderful years, I conveniently convinced myself that I was never to put my heart through the same grief again. As the years passed, the grief subsided [some], and after significant prompting by SWMBO, we decided it was time to finally bring a new friend into our lives.

Let me tell you something, if you deprive yourself of this joy and love for the reasons I did, you are cutting a large portion of joy right out of your life. Seeing the unabashed enjoyment this guy gets out of life is as uplifting to the spirit as anything I could imagine. Don't shut yourself out.
    We don't know what Jack's bloodline is, nor do we care. He's probably Border Collie/ Aussie Shepherd mix and were told at the shelter he had some Blue Heeler in him.
    This guy is smart, loving and gentle. We trust him implicitly around the grandkids, he never runs off beyond his boundaries even when giving chase to wildlife that wanders into the yard.
    Jack will soon turn 3 and he has grown into a fine companion. I stop and ask myself very often how it is that we can be so lucky to have him in our lives. I like to think he feels the same.

Picture 1 - That is some nice hair on a $35 dog!!
    Picture 2 - A blurry picture, but the joy on this little guy's face says it all
    Picture 3 - Shortly after being brought home, he settles in
    Picture 4 - Just Jack

Thanks for your time,
    Tony

Here are our two stray cats. Yellow was adopted in Houston and Gray Two found us in the country. They are best buds now. Gray Two tries to teach Yellow how to be a country cat and eat mice and gophers, but Yellow is content with Purina.

Quote Originally Posted by txdon View Post
    Here are our two stray cats. They are best buds now.
    Great shot, Don!
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

Tootsie!

Here's Ohio's #1 doxie - Tootsie.

Administrator
    Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your submissions! Great photos... we have no announced the finalists in this thread:

http://www.countrybynet.com/forums/h...o-contest.html
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Glamour cat

A gray long haired cat name Drem