Thread: Mowing

Mowing

How much of your land do you mow? I have turned a great deal of my land in to gardens and pens for animals so these days it seems like I am mowing less and less. Almost seems like a waste of time other than drying the grasses to make hay.

We have almost 4 acres and mow about an acre. There are a couple more acres that are cleared and the rest is woods. We have a large garden, so that takes up some of the cleared land. I wonder if mowing that much is really necessary when we don't really use it and could easily have it brush hogged with the rest that we don't mow.

We mow about three acres and then the horse pastures get brush hogged about once every six weeks. I hate mowing. It's one of those repetitive chores that never goes away. Kind of like laundry.

That's the ticket, Meghan - I need to get pregnant! Haha, I'd do almost anything to get out of mowing We mow all of our property when we can. I say "when we can" because sometimes it gets so swampy here that mowing just isn't feasible.