Thread: Pink dogwoods

Pink dogwoods

My wife, Vickie wants to have a pink dogwood, she didn't tell me this till after I went into the woods a dug one up. Anyway, I told her we would just put some metak shavings around it and it would turn pink. I've heard this all my life but never tried it. She thinks I'm nuts, nothing new there, but I figured someone on here could tell me if this is true. Any help anyone? Thanks, later, Nat

Re: Pink dogwoods

Metal shavings will turn an ordinary spruce tree blue but I can't help with a dogwood. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

There are pink dogwood and white dogwood strains. I've never heard of anything changing a white dogwood to pink. I think that must just be an old wives tale.

I have never heard of pink dogwood trees. I have 4 white dogwood trees on my property.
    hugs, Brandi

I've never heard of changing a white dogwood to a pink dogwood either? I think you have to buy a pink one. I didn't know that metal shavings could change any tree, that is pretty cool! Let us know if it works out for you.

I love the pink dogwoods. As for the shavings changing the color, I've never heard of that, but it wouldn't hurt to try. If it works for spruce trees maybe it'll work the dogwood too.