Thread: Ka-bobs

Ka-bobs

What do you put on your Shish Ka-bobs? We are going to make some tomorrow with some of the fresh veggies we have in the garden. What do you put on yours? I can't wait to hear.

It all starts with chicken and mushrooms and grows from there. I don't think it's ever exactly the same every time we do it though. We like to mix it up.

I like to use chicken (usually marinated in Italian dressing) and smoked sausage, along with green bell peppers and tomatoes, and onions. Like someone else said though they always turn out a little different.

Ours is always different too, the bigger the better I say. I have never tried smoked sausage. I will have to give it a try. I usually soak mine items in Italian dressing too. I love those big mushrooms.

Unless I am making them special for some reason i use what ever i have. ANy vegtable works. I like cherry tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and pinapple. Somtimes I make vegtable only ones to go along with the meat ones.

Chicken is OK but I prefer steak or beef tips, and shrimp. Never tried sauage but am gonna on the next batch. But zucini squash and yellow squash and apples work also.

Wow, I haven't had kabobs in a few years and now I need to go get the stuff to make them because you made my mouth water lol! I like portabella mushrooms, onions, and cauliflower on mine but I like weird veggies!