Thread: Looking forward to fall food

Looking forward to fall food

I know it's not quite September yet, but I'm already looking forward to fall food - soups, stews, chili. I think the heat of this summer has gotten to me. I'm tired of grilling and I'm anxious for some cool, windy days in the kitchen cooking up some hearty food.

I love fall food too! Chili and soups... crock-pot meals and meatloaf. I won't even start the oven because it's been way too hot lately. I was thinking of making chili tomorrow anyway. I could grill some dogs and have chili dogs.

It's pouring here today so I'm making meatloaf! I love it! I love homemade pizza and wings, meatball subs, chili, soups, lasagna, etc. I consider all these cool weather foods. I can't wait to start the oven and get cooking.

I love to make soups and bean stews. I make soup sometimes in the summer, but the heavier cream soups I leave for fall and winter. I need a good rainy day or a chilly fall day to motivate me to spend time in the kitchen.

I love hearty cold weather foods. I haven't wanted to use my oven in months but I could really go for some pot roast and veggies or some meaty lasagna.

I am with you on that one! I am also looking forward to the cooler weather, it seems this heat just isn't going to end! I love soups and stews and stuff like that but is just too hot to make them. During the summer I usually run out of ideas of stuff to make that doesn't heat up the kitchen.