Thread: Triple Pane Windows - Are They Really Better?

Triple Pane Windows - Are They Really Better?

We're planning to replace some windows and can't decide if we want triple or double pane. Do the triple pane windows work so much better that the extra cost is justified?

That's really hard to tell. The only reason I could see using triple pane windows is if you live with extreme temperatures. Like Phoenix Az. or Nome Alaska.

I agree with Doug, because the triple paned windows are heavier and much more expensive I myself would only get them in places where there is either extreme heat or cold.

I live in Michigan and I am very happy with my 2 pane glass windows we had put in last fall. I don't believe the extra cost adds enough value to me to justify spending it on windows.

I have 2 pane windows and they seem to be fine. I don't see the sense in spending the extra money for the 3 pane windows, unless they are an added design to your home.

The whole idea behind these windows is that added layer of air that acts as an insulation (as well as specially made glass). Double is usually fine, if you have the money to go triple you might do it but I do not think the difference is huge. Also I would only triple pane the windows that are on the part of the house that gets the most wind.

I invested in the triple pane windows for our home. I did this for the insulation factor as we live in a vary cold area and the wind is awful wicked out here.