Thread: Squirrel stew with chipmunk dressing

Squirrel stew with chipmunk dressing

have any yall knowd the recipee to make squirrel stew and chipmunk sides. my mi ma used to make it alot but no one ever drew down the ingreedients.

thanks

Yuk! Sorry I have never heard of it and I can't say that I would want to try it. Seriously though, have you looked on google or recipe.com? Sometimes they have some different recipes out there. It's too bad your mom didn't write it down for future use.

yes dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yuk! Sorry I have never heard of it and I can't say that I would want to try it. Seriously though, have you looked on google or recipe.com? Sometimes they have some different recipes out there. It's too bad your mom didn't write it down for future use.

it be to bad she dint right it down somwheres. oh, make my own recipee. :licking:

Wink Chipmunks

Quote Originally Posted by stained_drawers View Post
    it be to bad she dint right it down somwheres. oh, make my own recipee. :licking:
    If she didn't write it down it probably wasn't no good anyhow. Everybody knows chipmunks ain't worth the time it takes to shoot and dress out. There's only one way to cook a squirrel and stewin ain't it. Fryin pan is how you cook a squirrell. Fried squirrell is better than snake meat and grasshoppers

Squirrel stew I've heard of, but I can't see wasting time with chipmunks. Like Robert said, that sounds like an awful lot of work for very little return. My husband has some old west chuck wagon cookbooks and I'm pretty sure I've seen some squirrel recipes in there. I'll dig them out and see what I can find for you.