Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online Schools

My friend just moved to China with her family as part of a ministry program. She would like her kids to continue some classes in English since she does not plan to stay in China indefinitely. However, it seems that some connection to the internet is limited. It seems their is a lot of racism toward Americans. I was hoping she could do it online but it is going to be difficult. I am trying to help her locate some homeschooling books.

There is quite a bit of research concluding that computer-based learning is quite effective. If you're sold on home schooling, then I think online schools make a lot of sense.

Online schools take the teaching burden off parents who homeschool, which is nice. Kids can sign up for league sports or get together with other homeschooled kids for socialization purposes.

Basically I think the problem we're facing today is because there is very little paddling at home and as a result the schools are a disaster because the kids know they can't do anything either.