Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Debt-free?

Anyone Debt-free?

I've been listening to Dave Ramsey on the radio and he makes so much sense. We're not out of debt yet, but we're working on it. Is anyone totally out of debt? How did you do it?

Not completely but close, right now we just have our mortgage and our basic utilities each month. We have no credit card payments or car payments. It took a bit to get this way but it was a great feeling.

It's not only Dave Ramsey who is saying to get out of debt, but others are, too. We've paid off the few credit cards we had and cut them up and threw them away. We're paying off one car and our mortgage, and putting money into our emergency fund now. It's going to take a while, and we're not buying anything extra, but it'll be well worth it to be able to do what we want to with the money we make. Just having the credit cards paid off is a huge relief.

Our daughter gave us Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover" as a Christmas gift and we are trying to get all of our debts paid off. Just what we've accomplished so far has given us such a sense of freedom. We can't wait until the day arrives when we pay off our last debt payment.

We are close! Just paid off a school loan of my husband's this month. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll have everything gone except the mortgage (maybe even that!). A friend of mine suggested Dave Ramsey to us as well but it's been a LONG process. We never read his books but have seen him a couple times on television. But, in our family, we have several who live debt free so we have seen how it changes a life---low income but trips to Disney and Hawaii!

I will be debt free mid 2011, I did have to consolidate some bills which I did before the economy crisis to manage them and luckly got them paid before I was laid off so I have 2 cards left to pay off and no car payments or mortgage payment. I haven't heard Dave Ramsey but I will definately need to learn how to handle the money I do have so that we'll be ok no matter what the economy says.

We are also still in debt but each and every month we take another step closer to the surface of the debt ocean. There are some set backs but if we stay steady on the course we will be there in no time!

We're totally debt free. I'm 48 years old. I built an internet business and sold it. I don't have enough money that I don't have to work, but we are debt free. Its a nice place to be but I'm motivated to do better.

I wish! We have a plan but it's going to be about five years before we will be able to pay everything off. We should pay off a car within a couple months though, which will be wonderful.

I got sick and lost my job so now we are trying to dig ourselves out of the hole it put us into. I would love to be debt free, but right now it is just a dream, maybe someday.