Thread: Halloween camping

Halloween camping

We are going camping in Mid-October and the campsite is calling it Halloween weekend. I can't wait. 2 of my favorite activities, camping and Halloween decorating.
    Anyone ever been camping over a holiday?

Long ago I did. But then I finally got tired of the long lines and the hoards of other people camping, and started doing it when everyone else was at work. It's just a lot more pleasant for me this way.

I haven't but that sounds like so much fun! My kids would go nuts though because they really enjoy dressing up and trick or treating. I know there is a wolf preserve near my dad's that has a big thing at Halloween and I think they have camping as well. I may check it out this year.

You can probably make a "spooky" time of it. I can't imagine anything better than camping around Halloween time and telling ghost stories around the campfire.

We enjoy camping, although I'm ready to move up from our tent to a pop-camper at least. We normally go over Memorial Day Weekend every year. It's becoming almost too crowded for us as well. To get away, I like it to be quiet and it isn't when the campground is full. In October, it might not be a bad deal. Many may not want to camp because of work/school commitments. We've also gone over Christmas, stayed in a cabin at the campground and it was super quiet. We were the ONLY ones there.

You've got it right, it is much calmer in fall. There are less people at the campsites and it's awesome. So you can't swim but you can still have a lot of fun. I would not want to camp when we were the only ones there though.