Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have You Noticed Rising Prices?

Have You Noticed Rising Prices?

It seems like almost every time I go to the stores, a price here and there has gone up. This summer, produce was much higher than it's been in the past, and other products have been going up, too. Have you noticed rising prices?

I did not notice it at first but I did notice that the food budget was not going as far. I thought maybe I had just fallen in to poor shopping habits. I went to the store trying to be creative and realized that everything has gone up a little and it is all adding up.

I've noticed that, too. It's a few cents on one thing and a few on another. It's getting hard to be creative. I already shop at the lower-priced stores, eat meat only occasionally, and watch my budget. We're still doing okay, but I don't know much more we can cut corners if prices keep going up.

I was thinking the same thing. I am glad it is not just me! My daughter is a vegetarian so now we eat a lot less meat as well. Next year I am going to increase what I grow in the garden. I am also thinking about getting some chickens.

Prices in our area have really gone up. I used to be able to buy a grocery cart packed full of items and now the same money doesn't even pay for half of that amount. We are planting vegetables in planters on our porch just to help out.

Most definitely! I notice every time I go to the store that one thing or another has gone up. Our grocery bill has gone from $100 a week to $150 a week in the past year or so.

Yeah ! Not only is food rising, but I just took my two 12-year old twin daughters for back to school shopping last month just for the basics. About $1000 later ... well, you get the picture.

It is crazy how much prices are rising although we are in a recession!!! I can't believe how much I spend on the little things we need every week and thats just the basic needs. It is almost easier and cheaper to go out to eat, but not healthy!

I've definitely noticed it and it seems like it happened almost over night. One week I went to the store and spent the normal amount of money for my usual stuff, the next week the same stuff cost me a ton more. I paid $1.30 for one avocado last week - what the heck?? I don't know how we're supposed to keep on like this with prices going up and incomes staying the same.

The prices here are rising like a rocket and that just doesn't make sense. We make less money but we have to pay for an item much higher than we used to do.