Thread: Have You Noticed Quality Being Lowered?

Have You Noticed Quality Being Lowered?

I was shocked when I opened a multi-pack of paper towels (granted, they were the cheaper ones, but not the cheapest) a few days ago and the quality was noticeably lower. When I bought nasal spray, the 12-hour was no longer available, and the other doesn't work as well. Has anyone else noticed things like that?

I have noticed that as well. One thing I have notices is that there is a lot of prefabricated furniture that is not made well. If I need a new bed or book shelf I just have a friend of mine make it for me.

I have noticed that you are actually getting less most days now too. So the price might be the same or even a bit higher but you get less than you used to. I don't notice quality so far, I stick with the same brands.

I think it just depends on the product. There are some products that are not made as well now as they were 20 years ago. I have not had any problem with the quality of foods although I have seem some electronics that are not made as well as what the price suggests.

I think it's the things that companies don't sell a lot of, but they still sell enough to warrant making more, so they save money by not making them as well

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I think it's the things that companies don't sell a lot of, but they still sell enough to warrant making more, so they save money by not making them as well
    What? I had to take the long way around to understand that, but now that I do, that makes sense. In this economy, not a lot of people are buying things.

This has been going on for years now especially getting less for the same price. You really have to pay attention when doing your shopping now.

Everything is just made the cheapest way possible, just look at your computer, the majority of it is plastic and can break easily so you need to buy new ones sooner. When we bought the kids a DS the hinges broke in less than a year, but then they come out with something else that the kids want and of course more expensive.

That's the truth if it was ever told MdWest! I have a very hard time with things that are cheaply made now. Did you know that they can make aspirin for pennies but they cost just the same if not more. Most drug markups are outrageous. I didn't know they made that much on the drugs they make now but they make plenty.