Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Jean Crafts

Blue Jean Crafts

I saw an adorable pattern for blue jean pot holders. Cut out a square with the back pocket in the center - you can make two from one pair of jeans. Cut 2 squares of padding and 1 square of another material for the back. These should all be the same size. Sew on three sides with wrong sides towards the outside. Turn and sew along fourth edge.

My wife is making a denim quilt out of old jeans and overalls that we have worn out over the years. It has a bunch of different colors of denim in it and it's going to be pretty from what she's showed me so far. I'm proud of her doing things like this.

So, for the blue jean pot holders, you just stick your hand into the pocket when you want to pick something up? What a clever idea! I could also imagine a blue jean apron to complement them.

Wow, "put your hands in the pocket" thanks for mentioning it, I didn't even catch that revelation, I just thought they would go with my kitchen.

Ladies and gents, don't forget to use cotton batting for this project. I just wanted to mention that because my wife made some scrap potholders and used the polyfill stuff and it melted the first time we used it to get hot pots out of the oven. She just barely avoided getting seriously burned. Be safe!

I'm not big on blue jean anything (other than wearing them), but the potholder idea sounds really cute.

Good point, Roustabout. I would imagine if you didn't use the right material you could be in really big trouble when touching something hot.

I like the idea. Thanks for the post and the information. Now I have something to do with my husband's and 12-year old son's old blue jeans. And I cook a lot so one can never have enough pot holders.

The other day I saw on YouTube a very interesting video. It showed how to turn your old jeans into jean skirts. I am going to try to make one, but my machine is not working right and I need to get it fix. Has anybody here tried to make this? I wonder if it is as easy as they show it.

I think it is a great way to recycle old jeans. I have seen old jeans used to make purses too and have thought about trying it.

I happen to have a pile of old jeans and I also happen to have the need for a pot holder. I think I am going to make some blue jean pot holders! Thanks for the idea.