Thread: Writing songs

Writing songs

I have a friend who love to compose songs. I can say that her songs are...well, not bad. She is not a singer and doesn't play any instrument though. She just likes to write songs. Is there any way to share (or sell) her songs?

The first this that comes to mind is any or all of the social networking sites. Start finding out what kind of outlets there are for beginners in Nashville. That town pumps out A LOT of songs every year.

Thanks Doug for the information. She is just not an "online person" but I would encourage her to make accounts on Facebook and Twitter, making friends there and starting to promote her songs.

A lot of people are into music, but just don't have the voice. Some are better with instruments, for instance. It can be harder to become successful, but it is all in the efforts that you make towards your goal. With today's technology, the internet has opened up a lot of doors. You might want to try to encourage her to give it a try.

As she neither sings nor plays any instruments, she needs help from other people (maybe a local band) to make a demo album of her songs and upload and share it on the internet.