Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrift stores

Thrift stores

How many here have found themselves going to thrift stores more and more often to save money? I've been going there for a few years now and I really see the difference.

I've gone to thrift stores, flea markets, yard sales, etc. for years because I like the savings. It's gotten to the point now that I do it in order to help make ends meet. Getting what you can at those places helps a lot and I enjoy getting the bargains!

I, too, have shopped at yard sales, flea markets and thrift stores for a number of years. In fact, I seldom purchase anything new anymore. With the economy the way it is now, it's the only way to buy things. I also use our local sales paper for purchases and have been able to find a number of reasonably priced things in it.

I usually don't find too much that I want or need at thrift stores. They don't have a lot of jeans for men or tools usually. I go to flea markets and yard sales, unless I'm looking for something for inside my home that a thrift store might have.

I typically only buy on sale or at thrift stores. In fact, we just went to Goodwill on Sunday. My son has a prosthetic leg and it tears his pants up. If I would buy new pants for him, we'd be spending lots of money on a weekly basis. I can purchase 10 pairs at the thrift store for the cost of one pair. I save quite a bit by doing that.

I love shopping at thrift stores and for my little one consignment sales. Basically a ginormous yard sale with only kids clothes, toys, and furniture. I have saved a ton shopping at them.

I am one bargain hunter let me tell you! Every time I get a good deal whether it be at a thrift store, yard sale or whatever it gives me a great feeling inside. I love being able to save money for my family.

I love going to thrift stores, flea markets, yard sales and anywhere I can find bargains. I've saved a lot of money shopping at those places and it's helped our finances. Of course, I just like shopping at them!

I'm with you Queenie, for me it becomes the thrill of the hunt and the finding of the unexpected, I particularly like to find those things I can refurbish, or re-purpose but sometimes my projects can end up cut into the overall savings.

I love going to thrift stores and yard sales and finding a great deal. We just went to Goodwill a few weeks back and bought a brand new coffee maker still in the box and plastic for 75 cents! We also went to a church rummage sale and for $10 got 2 brown grocery bags full of clothes from Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, Express, Aeropostale, DKNY, and other brand name clothes.