Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrift stores

I go to Thrift stores quite often. I like getting things that are gently used for a quarter of what I would pay in the store at full retail.

I like the thrift store or good will shopping. I also like to hit up garage sales and ebay too. I don't like to pay full price for anything, so when I save money buy not buying at the regular store I buy it!

Personally, I don't go to the thrift stores a lot because I don't care for "shopping"; i.e., I go after a particular item usually and go where I think I'll most likely find it. But my wife is another matter. She goes visiting garage sales almost every Saturday morning, and one of her favorite stores is the Dollar Tree Store. And I certainly don't object. In my opinion she's got far more clothes than she needs, but she's spent very little money, so we're both happy.:laughing:

I go all the time now due to the state of the economy. Last year I scaled back and did most of my shopping at Wal-Mart. This year I've scaled back even more and do a lot of it at various thrift and heavy discount stores.