Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many is too many?

I just saw a show on TV where this lady died and animal control had to go to her home to check on over 60 cats. It was awful. Over half of them had died of starvation and the few they got out were malnourished.

We have 3 dogs and 7 cats and a goat. 2 of the dogs were rescues as well as all of the cats. They seem to flock to my house, I cannot see an animal starve, don't have it in me.

I don't have any at the moment, but I'd like to get a small dog. Maybe a Poodle or a Shih-tzu. I don't think big dogs belong in the house, and I'm definitely not a cat person.

We have two one hundred pound dogs in the house. Our home is in a very rural area and is set back a 1000 feet from a quiet country road. I can leave my wife alone and not worry. Both dogs are males and very protective of her. The dog I trained for therapy work is the most protective. He is gentle at the nursing home but intimidating on our property. Both dogs are quiet in the house and do not shed. One is always with me and the other with Jane.

We have had as many as three of the big dogs but two is a nice fit.

I have been watching this show, I think on TLC, called Animal Hoarders and this one couple had 85 cats! They thought this was normal and got upset with their family when they tried to do an intervention. They called the cats their kids and had totally adapted the house to make it more convenient for the cats to move around. There is something seriously wrong with that!

WOW I can't imagine trying to feed that many cats or having that many in the house! I have one and I am tripping on her all day I don't' need anymore!

I have one cat and that is enough for us right now. I have 2 children and a hubby to keep track of too. Some day we will have time for a dog, but not any time soon.