Thread: Less is more?

Less is more?

We have all heard less is more before but major companies are embracing this philosophy wholeheartedly if the store shelves over the last year or so are any indication. We are paying more and getting less. Anybody else notice this?

I have noticed this lately. We are on a strict budget and now even groceries are costing us more than what we budget for. We are buying the same things every week and our grocery bill is higher now than ever!

Everything keeps going up in price and some of us on a fixed income know well enough how hard it is. I am amazed at what companies now charge for many things and services. My biggest issue is with the heating company though as we are going through a recession and they keep raising their prices!

I know Xavier it is terrible what they can get away with for charges. I wasn't even at my home for 3 months to use anything as I was staying with a friend and my bill for gas and electric was still $40! I had to pay them $40 just to be a customer and not even to receive any services! It is nuts.

Yep I notice it too, it's crazy. I also notice that the shelves are not as full anymore, so you have less choices too. You pay more for less and you have less to chose from, seems wrong to me.

I've noticed prices going up for the past few months. It seems like every time I go to the store, some things have gone up a few cents. I've also noticed some of the less expensive items at Walmart are not being sold any more. I wonder what's up with that?

We've noticed this too. If bulk the packaging of product is based on the single unit size, it makes you wonder if even that is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by downhome View Post
    I wasn't even at my home for 3 months to use anything as I was staying with a friend and my bill for gas and electric was still $40! I had to pay them $40 just to be a customer and not even to receive any services! It is nuts.
    Yeah that's crazy. I don't mind to get paid for doing nothing, but I would hate it if I had to pay for nothing. Does the adage "you get what you pay for" not apply anymore?

I have noticed too that the smaller packages of things are gone. For example you used to be able to pick up a 4 pack of toilet paper relatively inexpensively. Now if you can even find a 4 pack it is usually double rolls and cost $4!

Cloudy, that was $40 a month not for the whole 3 months which is even more ridiculous.