Thread: barter

barter

I do a lot of bartering with my neighbors. I make a lot of baked goods and bread and barter them for eggs, veggies and other things I need. How many here use the bartering system?

I barter with my boss all the time. It is such a useful tool out here and a skill I picked up from my mom when I was little.

I don't barter but I do make things for other people and they give me things too. I don't consider it bartering though, just sharing and doing a good deed. I think it's awesome that people do barter.

Like Colbe, I exchange things with others but have never thought of it in terms of bartering but I guess that IS what it is! If a person has never done it before, this is surely the time to begin trying it out.

I have always traded and exchanged either items for items or items for services. In my area that is what everyone does and I really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by farmhand View Post
    I barter with my boss all the time.
    So do I. Let me have the day off, and I won't tell your wife what you did last night :] LOL Actually, we trade veggies for eggs with our neighbor all the time.

What I like about bartering is that even if you don't have enough money, you can purchase (without money) and each of you think you are getting the better end of the deal.

Yeah, I love the idea of bartering. You can get things without spending money. I think the less money involved, the better and the more peaceful your life will be.