Thread: Motivating yourself

Motivating yourself

I like to practice yoga and I am considering to take an online yoga teacher training. Do you have any experience with distance learning programs? How do you motivate yourself to go through the programs?

My husband did his entire associates degree online. He had deadlines and due dates for projects so he didn't seem to have a problem. And, his counselor at the school would call him every Tuesday evening to check in. He was also trying to prove some people wrong---they said he couldn't do it---and he ended up on the Dean's list. You'll find something that keeps you going if you have the desire.

Flower that is awesome! Good for him. I'm glad he proved the others wrong.
    I think you have to be someone that has the get up and go to take online classes. I took several classes that way too, it was the only way I could take the classes. I hated my job and I wanted to better myself - that was my motivation.

Motivation is whatever will get you to do what you need to do. I love the part about hating your job so you were motivated to finish the classes. I'm motivated to finish the degree and I have a full time job and kids so it's easier for me to do it at night online.

The best motivation I can think of is a combination of both wanting and needing to do something. If I have both of those things, my concentration level goes way up.

Quote Originally Posted by flower View Post
    My husband did his entire associates degree online. He had deadlines and due dates for projects so he didn't seem to have a problem. And, his counselor at the school would call him every Tuesday evening to check in. He was also trying to prove some people wrong---they said he couldn't do it---and he ended up on the Dean's list. You'll find something that keeps you going if you have the desire.
    That's great Flower. I am glad he has proved that distance learning really works. It worked for him, so why doesn't it work for other people? Anyway, it's easier to motivate yourself if you really need the skills or expertise you will possess by taking the online class.