Thread: Small Towns?

Small Towns?

I still love watching reruns of the Andy Griffith Show on TVLand. Believe it or not, living here in the south, I actually know of some towns that are still that small! I know one that actually only has one police officer. Does anyone else feel like they live in Mayberry?

I wish. I think I need to move to the southeast. Out where I live it's not as green as I'd like it to be, and people aren't as friendly as I'd like them to be

There are a lot of small towns around me and I love it. You know people, the only problem is everyone knows everything about you. It's great though running into the grocery store and running into a lot of people that you know.

I have a friend actually who calls our town Mayberry although it's not really that small. Sure seems like everyone knows everything about everybody though!

I love small towns as well. The one I live near is so tight knit that there is almost no crime. No one dares to break the law because you will be found out one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo25 View Post
    There are a lot of small towns around me and I love it. You know people, the only problem is everyone knows everything about you. It's great though running into the grocery store and running into a lot of people that you know.
    The town I live in isn't quite as small as Mayberry, but it's close and this is the part I dislike. Sometimes it's a good thing that other townsfolk know your business, but in most cases it bugs me. Especially when people don't know the real story and they make assumptions to keep their gossip pool going. I live in the country because I like the seclusion. If there's something I want to share I will make that choice.

I agree with Tabitha. I'm a private person by nature so to be near a small town that finds it's news from the goings on of the people in the town, and those who live nearby, is very distasteful.

80 folks in our town, and most of the nearby places are smaller! All just one cop towns....you'd have to go about 3hrs to get to a town with more than 1!

Round here, if you don't know what you are doing, someone else will! ....and if the old ducks in town don't know...they will just make it up! lol