Thread: Solar Panels

Solar Panels

I am not building my house yet but one day soon I hope to be. I would love to incorporate solar panels in it but aren't they pretty expensive? Where do you get them from?

I've seen websites where you can build them yourself. We have not yet. The way our home sits, they would have to be on the front side under our picture window. I'm not sure I want that yet.

You buy em they ain't cheap. Look here for some info Solar electric power components and solar panels

You will need a lot of them to power a house. Probably 3000 watts minimum unless you live like a hermit. You will also need batteries and inverters.

I use them to power my well but not my house. The local power company here will install systems for you but the recovery time to get your money back is like 10 years or better.

I use 4 60 watt panels at 48 volts to drive my well pump and 5 40 watt panels at 12 volts to drive the pressure pump.

I would love to have solar panels installed on the roof of our house but we just cannot afford the cost. I think the recovery time is too long for us anyway.

I would also love to have solar panels installed but we cannot afford them yet. I am saving for them though and we hope to get some next year.