Thread: Decorating

Decorating

It is time to start decorating for the holidays! I love putting up the Halloween decorations! I look forward to it all year. I put them up as early as possible, to have more time to enjoy them. I do a little bit for Thanksgiving, and then the sparkly stuff and the lights come out for Christmas. Does anyone else enjoy holiday decorating?

I do enjoy decorating for holidays. Especially the family time we take to decorate the Christmas tree together with the Christmas music going. Then eating the cookies we made with some hot chocolate, admiring our work.

My favorite time of year is winter. I love holiday and decorate even just a little for every holiday of the year. The best time is when we are making baked goods all together as a family in my parents kitchen. My mom and I usually end up in a flour fight and dad yells at us to stop. It is fun! Not sure how it's going to be with the kids this year, but creating memories is what life and holidays are all about!

Our house is already decorated for Halloween and costumes are already purchased. November 1 Thanksgiving decorations go up and the second week of November the Christmas decorations start to come out. When we get home from family events on Thanksgiving the Christmas tree lights come on and they are usually up until the middle of January. WE LOVE the holidays.

Oh yes we love to decorate too ~ it is something that we do as a family. We decorate for every holiday and every season. We have more Fall decorations than anything and then Christmas is next.

And I may be in the minority, but I'm one who does NOT like to do any decorating. But my wife is just the opposite, so she's already gone to Home Depot today for pumpkin and potted flowers, she's gotten out her Halloween stuff from the past, and she's out there in this hot weather right now putting out the Halloween decorations.

I do like decorating, just not for the holidays. In my younger days I enjoyed it but now I find my time and energy directed in other areas.