Thread: Ideas for pork?

Ideas for pork?

I have a lot of trouble trying to figure out different ideas for pork. I bought a whole pork loin and had it sliced into chops. What are some different things I can do with it besides grilling or baking it? I am looking for something where the pork might be an ingredient, not just chops.

When I buy a pork loin I usually bake it in the oven for the first night with spices on it. On the second night I shred it up and put it in the crock pot all day with a bottle of BBQ sauce and we have BBQ pork sandwiches.

That sounds really good but I had the loin sliced, so it isn't a full loin anymore. The BBQ pork sandwiches sound tasty though, I will have to try them!

I make a dish that consists of apple pie filling, boneless pork chops and stuffing. You put the pie filling on the bottom of the casserole dish, then the chops, and then the stuffing. You bake it for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. The apples bake up into the stuffing, it is awesome!

I know you have already sliced it up but next time you might want to try this. I have and everyone loved it.
    Perfect Pulled Pork Recipe

I buy whole pork loins, then slice them myself to make pork chops of just the right thickness to suit us. I like to cook them on the grill, lightly sprinkled with red pepper, or my wife dredges them in flour with a little salt & pepper and fries them in olive oil on the kitchen stove. txdon, your recipe sounds like what we had Saturday at our youngest daughter's place. I'm not sure about the seasonings she used, but she said she used a pork shoulder roast, but got up at 3 a.m. Saturday morning to put it in the crockpot, then went back to bed. Then they had 2 brands of barbecue sauce to chose from when we made the pulled pork BBQ sandwhiches. Very tasty indeed with baked beans, cole slaw, and deviled eggs.

Another thing I do with whole pork loins is to inject them with the Cajun Injectible marinade, then put them in the smoker to cook.

Phena, that sounds truly amazing! I will definitely be giving that one a try and soon. I love pork chops and applesauce and this sounds 100 times better than that.