Thread: Saving for our vacation

Saving for our vacation

We started a savings account for our vacation next year. We are planning on going to Hawaii (the whole family). It will cost us a pretty penny.

Do you have a savings account for special things?

We have a "vacation" account also. But usually it involves camping out for a week or so. I guess we just don't like really long plane rides.

We save up for small 'mini vacations'. When my husband sets up his vacation for the year, we make sure he doesn't just take them in large 'chunks'. About every other month, he has a week where he takes a vacation day on a Monday and maybe also a Tuesday so that he ends up having a long weekend. This allows us to take small trips that aren't too taxing physically or financially.

I have seen ads while online for cruise vacations that are REALLY economical. I think that we are going to start saving up for a cruise with the kids.

Well, first of all you've made a great choice in Hawaii. Yes, I do keep a savings account for such vacations. But do these three things for sure in Hawaii:
    Parasail off one of the islands, visit the North Shore, and go on a raft ride off the Na Pali Coast. Have a blast !

Yeah, I'm thinking about the same thing for the same reasons. My questionn is ---- can I keep my two 12 year old girls occupied and out of trouble on a boat thousands away in the ocean ? What do you think ? Should I pull the trigger and book it ?