Thread: Tree House

Tree House

My kids are wanting to try and build a tree house/club house. The tree they want to build it in has a deep 'V' in it that is very close to the ground. I've told them that I'm afraid small critters may be able to jump/climb the short distance into the place where they want to build the house and may end up being a nuisance or even dangerous. I always envision tree house as being high up but I'm also afraid of them placing a tree house in a tree that IS high up and then falling out of it. Do any of you all have a tree house?

If you're concerned about animals jumping into it, could you put it up higher in the V? That seems like it would be possible and take care of the concern.

It seems like we always had treehouses when I was growing up. Me and my neighbors all did. We actually took turns spending the night in each other's treehouses. I don't recall animals ever being a problem, just spiders, maybe. But we spent so much time in it that maybe they never got a chance.

For anyone thinking about building a treehouse, let me recommend buying or checking out at your library one of the books by David Stiles. Excellent info!