Thread: Gasoline Costs

Gasoline Costs

We live about 1/2 hour away from the nearest town and limit the amount of trips we make in order to save gasoline. Does anyone else do this?

We try to combine a lot of our chores and errands into 1 trip. This saves a lot on gas. I also have my daughter stay in town after school and then I pick her up after her practices. This saves me from rushing home to get her to take her to town and then back again after it's over.

I try to do everything all at once, but it's not so much because of the gas as it is the inconvenience of having to drive into town all the time. I just don't have time for it, so everything I can think of gets done on Saturday mornings. If I have to run out once more during the week I will, but I try to avoid it.

That's kind of my philosophy. I don't have time to be running into town every day or even every other day so I try to limit it to one or two trips a week. Naturally, things don't always work out that way, but some weeks I get lucky

We homeschool so I was able to arrange my schedule so that I have a couple days out of the house to help cut down on gas. So far this month, I have purchased gas one time and it's only down a quarter of a tank. My son has swim practice at the Y about 20 minutes away, 2 days a week. We have signed up for other classes but they have not started yet. This has been a great so far. The first practice of the week, my husband stops on his way home and we have about an hour just the two of us. The 2nd practice of the week, I drop off my son, my husband stops and waits until the end of practice and I go grocery shopping. It's made a huge difference being more organaized on our gas cost than last year.

Sort of. we carpool each week (three of us) to go shopping in town. We also live about 1/2 hour away. So this technically saves each of us about 66% of what the gasoline costs would be if each of us went alone. Plus some wear and tear on each of our cars.

I limit my trips as well. We try to walk and bike if it is possible and when we do go out we try to combine as many things in to one trip as we possibly can! Gas costs are just to high!