Thread: Need to vent

Need to vent

About four months ago my husband took on the huge task of bottle feeding puppies from the day they were born. The mom either went off and died or abandoned them - we're not sure which. Anyway, at the time he had a guy working for him who wanted one of the puppies. The guy checked with his wife and she agreed to take one of the males in. Great.

Well, the guy no longer works for my husband, but one of his friends still does and we found out this morning that the puppy had been dropped off at a no adopt pound. No adopt - meaning once the animal is in, there's no way out. No public adoption. When I found out about this I was in a rage. I couldn't believe that someone would be so ignorant as to drop this puppy off at certain death without even calling us to ask if we wanted him back.

Anyway, I could rant about that all day, but the outcome of the story is that I managed to get a wonderful animal rescue group involved and they made some phone calls and I was able to save him. I just got home from picking him up. He was scheduled to be euthanized tomorrow morning so it was just in the nick of time. I hope I never see the people who got him from us - I will seriously hurt them. Now I need to go call the animal rescue group that helped us and make a hefty donation

There was no reason for that guy to do that. I don't blame you for ranting. Sometimes, human actions have no explanation other than being stupid and unfeeling. I'm glad you were able to save the puppy.

You're right about human actions, Joe. There are just some people out there I will never understand. I've got the little guy in the backyard and if I could just get him to stop barking and howling we'd be in great shape, lol. He's going to have to stay out there until Monday when I can get him to the vet so this could be a very long 5 days.

I do not blame you in one bit! I would have hunted those people down. I don't understand why people don't try to put an ad in the newspaper or call an animal welfare group to try to help them before doing something like that. I am glad you got the puppy out.

The nerve of that guy! Why'd he take the puppy in the first place? It just doesn't make any sense. I'm so glad you were able to save the puppy. At least the guy's evil deed didn't result in the puppy's death.

OMG... that is so crazy and I'm so glad that you were able to get the pup back. Some people are just idiots - they should be dropped off in a no adopt pound and that should be the end of it. He could have at least asked you first.

I am so glad you saved him! I get so frustrated with people like this. He should have called you or tried to find a family for the puppy before taking him in to his certain death. I hope you never meet that guy in a dark alley because I don't think he would make it out. Then again maybe I do hope you run into him.......

That's despicable! I would hunt them down and give them a piece of my mind-the crazy part! We just lost one of our beloved dogs and are beside ourselves. The vet said she probably had a massive heart attack. We loved her like a child.

I don't blame you for being upset and needing to rant or vent. I am by no means taking up for him but is it possible he didn't know the shelter didn't allow adoptions? Honestly I had no idea there were shelters like that. It is really sad to think of all those poor animals that could have had a good home.